Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Popped

Well I deserve it. Myself, Teyla, Roele and insaniac were getting a bit bored with hunting our war targets. They had been hiding in station all day and refused to come out to play. We happened to be camping one of them in Piekura and decided to pay a visit to Mara.

As our little crew of 2 frigates, a battlecruiser, and me in my Heavy Assault Cruiser arrived, we spotted a Megathron jumping to Mara. "Meh what the hell", I said. "Let's do this". I had been meaning ot test my Sacrilege out on gate guns anyways to test the tank. Oh and it turns out, with the right fit, this thing can tank an incredible amount of DPS....including EASILY tanking gate guns and a Megathron at the same time.

Well the fight started. I was relying on our Thorax pilot for the DPS as my setup was tank fit. Sure enough, his DPS was brilliant and we had the mega to 3/4 armor in no time. Unfortunately the gate guns had other plans. After quickly dispatching our frigs, they went to work on the Thorax. He popped before he could even think about escape. Now it was me. Yes all alone with gate guns and a mega with way too much armor. I could have sat there and tanked it forever but I decided to book it out of there instead of waiting for another opportunistic rat. Just then, his buddy in ANOTHER Megathron uncloaked. I was boned. I held them off for another minute. Enough time to make sure everyone could escape and then I popped. There goes 130 mil :(.

On the bright side, that was the first real test on my tank fit. Quite successful if you ask me. Myself and Teyla will be sticking with HACs most of the time most likely.

Oh on a side note, our 2 month old trainee Gibbons went up against a domi today in a Drake hahaha. She was packing lots of Neuts. Obviously she had heard of Teyla and myself. However, Caldari are good for one thing; passive tanking. Her dps was shameful and his missiles began to eat her up so she docked and relayed to him how impressed she was at such a new character doing so well. Good job gibbs!

No comments: