Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Past Few Months

I took a break from can flipping to join my friend's corp recently. Hoping that he would follow through on his promise of wardecs and some real pvp action, I helped him recruit and grow the corp. The corp grew to a comfy 35 people but was going in the direction of joining a 0.0 alliance. I thought that was quite comical as all but 3 corp members were under 5 mil skillpoints. I tried to talk to the CEO about the ridiculousness of joining a 0.0 alliance with nothing to offer. He wouldn't listen. Thankfully, when things began to get boring, we were wardecced by a 12 man griefer corp. I for one was excited and although we lost 2 members, most of our guys were eager to get in some pvp action. And action we got!

Within 30 minutes of the beginning of the war, myself and my fleet of noobs in frigates and 1 jammer came in contact with the first target. She was flying a Deimos; a Gallente Heavy Assault Cruiser and boy did it pack a punch. In order to save my corpmates for too much damage, I stayed parked outside our HQ in my pvp battleship to draw her fire. The guise worked and after 15 minutes of fighting, the real reinforcements arrived. My good buddy Termour arrived in his Hurricane and together with a swarm of frigs and our jammer he took her down. Turns out we needed neutralizers.

After that, our roaming fleet got a few more recon ship kills. While I was offline, our fleet was ambushed in lowsec by a carrier and we lost a navy raven. Our corp leader decided to pay off the enemy corp in order to end the war. Well I was none too happy. We were on top of this war. One could say we were winning. Why stop?

Turns out that this was the beginning of the end. I eventually decided to go back to the life of griefing and informed my corp leader and corpmates that I was leaving to go be a 1 man wardec corp. Well 2 of our guys wanted to join me and also handed in their resignations. This seemed to be what pushed our CEO over the edge. Immediately after, he decided he was sick of leading and was closing the corp.

This brings us to now. I now have a 3 man wardec corp with 2 good pvpers and 1 aspiring pvper. Its nothing amazing but it's a start. Let's see what comes of this.

No comments: